Medecine Hat Studios

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Neil Young DCU Center 12/13/08


Neil Young/Wilco/Everest - DCU Center 12/13/08

I hope to hell that when I am 63 years old, as Neil Young is, I am still bashing the crap out of my guitar.

Normally, I would stay away from seeing the relics of classic rock in concert; as I know I will feel a bit disappointed, wishing I had seen some of these acts when I had the chance in the late 70s and early 80s.

In this case, I was amazed. Neil not only still has it, he puts younger folk to shame. He played a set that would please the fan looking for a good overview of his catalog.

Some songs played: "Old Man", "Keep On Rockin' In The Free World", "Cortez The Killer", "Needle And The Damage Done", "Cowgirl In The Sand", "Spirit Road", "Cinnamon Girl", "Heart Of Gold", "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere", "Powderfinger", "My My Hey Hey", and plenty more that I just can't seem to remember because I am being annoyed by a 7 year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home