Medecine Hat Studios

Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Belated Best Of 2008 List

Best of 2008 – My Music Choices

I really hoped to finish this in January, but as always I am behind the curve. I am certain that I will want to add things as time moves on, but here we go.

I started writing a little piece on each album, made it about halfway and lost all my work. Needless to say, I am pissed off and not writing it all up again. Those of you that wish to mention some albums you felt were the best in 2008, great. I am sure I forgot a few. Perhaps I will add on, perhaps not…


In no particular order:


American Music Club – The Golden Age

The Baseball Project – Volume I: Frozen Ropes and Dying Quails

David Byrne & Brian Eno – Everything That Happens Will Happen Today

Elvis Costello – Momofuku

The Gutter Twins – Saturnalia & Adorata (EP)

Matthew Ryan – Matthew Ryan Vs. The Silver State

Old 97s – Blame It On Gravity

Paul Weller - 22 Dreams

Robert Forster – The Evangelist

Sun Kil Moon – April

Mark Kozelek – The Finally EP

Giant Sand – Provisions

Hayden – In Field & Town

Weinland – La Lamentor

The Fall – Imperial Wax Solvent

Damien Jurado – Caught In The Trees

The Silver Jews – Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea

Steve Wynn – Crossing Dragon Bridge

Mudhoney - The Lucky Ones

Mercury Rev – Snowflake Midnight

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks – Real Emotional Trash


Noteables:

Items of re-recorded, previously released or live material that came out in 2008. I just do not feel that these can be put in the other list.


Mark Kozelek – Nights LP

Camper Van Beethoven - Popular Songs Of Great Enduring Strength And Beauty

Golden Smog – Stay Golden, Smog : The Best of Golden Smog – The Rykodisc Years

Nick Lowe – Jesus Of Cool: 30th Anniversary Edition

Robyn Hitchcock – Luminous Groove Box Set

The Clash – Live At Shea Stadium

Pavement - Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition

Zuzu’s Petals – Kicking Our Own Asses: The Best Of Zuzu’s Petals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home